Being inclusive and insuring under-represented voices influence research has become a priority and a focus for many in the Patient and Public Involvement landscape (PPI).
The current circumstances have influenced our day-to-day lives considerably and this has a knock-on effect for our ways of working. Many of the approaches to involving under-represented public members in research are not currently possible or face new challenges.
Using a combination of polls, short talks, panel discussions and Q&A sessions, we briefly touched on:
- The issue of inclusivity and accessibility in virtual activities.
- Examples of involving Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic groups.
- Novel approaches to virtual involvement.
- Ways to reach out to new audiences.
- The internal barriers to involving under-represented groups.
17th July 2020Visit resource